Summer Camps will start on July 6 with limited group sizes per camp.
In response to COVID-19, we are taking the following precautions at our recreation centers and summer camps that are consistent with Gov. Abbott’s order and CDC recommendations. While these precautions are subject to change, we are doing everything we can to make you and your children feel safe while having an enjoyable experience.
- Limited group sizes (groups of 10)
- Independent activities - separate from others
- Increased sanitation across all of our recreation centers
- No field trips
- We recommend wearing masks when entering and exiting the Recreation Centers, but it is not required while participating in physical activity, i.e. aerobics, sports, or body shops.
See the list of camps in the tabs below.
STARS Camp provides summer camp activities to children ages 6 to 12 with limited financial resources. Enjoy fun games, physical activities, arts and crafts, and team-building experiences. Campers build self-esteem, develop social skills and improve overall health.
Registration is limited on a first-come, first-served basis. Camp will be offered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Bradfield Recreation Center, Granger Recreation Center and Hollabaugh Recreation Center. Attend the registration day for the center you would like for your child to attend camp at.
- Bradfield Recreation Center Registration Day
June 23 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Granger Recreation Center Registration Day
June 24 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Hollabaugh Recreation Center Registration Day
June 25 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To qualify for STARS camp, bring the following on the day of registration:
1. Proof of income with two check stubs, tax return, or Social Security Disability for each individual over the age of 18 living in the household
2. Driver License
3. Proof of residency with a current Garland utility bill
4. $95 per child due at registration
Don’t miss out on a fun-FIELDS summer. Beat the summertime boredom with days packed with exciting games, sports, and arts and craft projects. Make lasting memories while meeting new friends, being active, and having tons of fun.
Registration must be completed at Fields Recreation Center.
Ages 6 to 12
July 6 through August 7
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
$95 per week
For more information, call 972-205-3090.
Holford Recreation Center offers a variety of camps in person and online.
Follow the link for registration and program details.
- Pickleball Camp - June 29 to July 3
- Chefsville Kids: Math Chefs - July 1
- Skyhawks Basketball Camp - July 6 to 10
- Adventures in Art Camp - July 6 to 9
- VIRTUAL MineScratch Coding Camp - July 6 to 10
- Volleyball Camp - July 13 to 16 and Aug. 3 to 6
- VIRTUAL Pokemon Scratch Camp - July 13 to 17
- VIRTUAL Adventures in Art Camp - Self-paced
- Extreme Sports Camp - July 20 to 24 and July 27 to 31
- Frozen Dance Camp - July 20 to 23
- Chefsville Kids: Science Chefs - July 30
For more information, call 972-205-2772.