COVID-19 Facts & Resources
COVID-19 Testing Available For Garland Residents
Two COVID-19 testing locations are available to Garland residents at no charge during the months of June and July. This test is to determine if you currently have COVID-19 and is not the antibody test. Appointments are required.
To be eligible for these tests, you must:
- Be a resident of Garland and provide proof of residency, such as a driver’s license or other ID with Garland address, a Garland utility bill, or other documentation with a Garland address
- Be age 2 or older
- Submit a completed Garland Resident COVID-19 Test Form (also available at the test site) En Espanol
- First Family Health Care, 2201 Forest Lane
Hours: Monday through Friday 8-11:45 a.m., 1-4:30 p.m., Saturday 8-11:30 a.m.(closed July 4) Drive-through, no appointment necessary -call 972-276-6822 for information
- Best Care Family Medical Center, 4402 Broadway Blvd.
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8-11:45 a.m., 2-4 p.m., Saturday 8-11:30 a.m. (closed July 4)
Drive-through, no appointment necessary - call 972-240-1880 for information
- First Family Health Care, 2201 Forest Lane
Parkland expands COVID-19 testing to more of its community-based clinics at no cost:
Garland Health Center, 802 Hopkins Street, Garland, TX 75040
Testing from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday – Friday
If no internet, call patient line at 214-590-8060 to be screened and set appointment
Must be a Parkland patient and meet minimum criteria
Urgent Care For Kids: 7150 President George Bush
- Drive-thru but must have a doctor’s order – obtained through Virtualcarekids.com (telemedicine appointment)
- Test any age
- M-F 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.; Sat & Sun 9 a.m – 5 p.m.
- Cost: cash price-$50 telemedicine appointment and $100 for testing; Insurance - provider cost for office visit plus $25 fee for drive thru test
MD Family Clinic – 2636 W. Walnut St. Garland, TX 75040 (Walnut/Shiloh)
- By Appointment only – call or text for screening and appointment - 888-776-5252
- Case by case dependent on symptoms (age 2 and older)
- Approx 160 per day
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cost: $65 for assessment (if flu or strep test needed, additional cost) $40 follow-up
- Co-pays waived, major insurance accepted, Medicaid/CHIP and Medicare accepted.
Exceptional Urgent Care: 4555 W. Walnut St., Garland, TX 75042
- No minimum criteria
- No appointment needed, for information call 469-638-8060
- Patients with insurance – not collecting co-pays; cash patient pays $99 (for testing, lab work and results)
- Tuesday-Thursday 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
CVS Pharmacy: 5702 Lavon Drive, Garland, TX 75040 (Opens May 22)
- Drive-thru, but MUST have appointment - obtained through CVS.com
- 50 tests per day
- Patients with insurance – not collecting co-pays; Cash Patient Pays = no cost
- 7 days a week approximate time 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- First responder and healthcare worker: no cost, must bring credential or responder ID.
Walmart: 5302 N. Garland Ave, Garland, TX 75040
- Drive-thru, but MUST have order - obtained through doineedacovid19test.com or call 800-635-8611.
- Patients with insurance – not collecting co-pays
- Cash patient - no cost
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 7 to 9 a.m.
Drive Through Testing Locations
- Parking Lot E at the American Airlines Center, which is located at 2500 Victory Avenue in Dallas.
- The Ellis Davis Field House, which is at 9191 South Polk Street in Dallas.
- Anyone who meets one of the following categories may be tested at either of these drive through test sites:
- Anyone 65-years-old or older; OR
- Anyone with chronic health issues (diabetes, asthma, heart issues, etc.); OR
- Any first responders, DART drivers, healthcare workers, grocery store and essential retail store workers; OR
- Anyone who has a temperature of 99.6 or higher and shortness of breath or cough
Additional information is available on the Dallas County website.
For private testing: Please contact your physician first if you have symptoms and are running a fever, he/she may give you orders to be testing at a private facility
NOTE: Results are coming from 24 hours to 4-5 days after testing (range is across all public and private testing facilities)
The American Red Cross has activated a Virtual Family Assistance Center for anyone who lost a loved one due to COVID-19.
211 Texas has activated a COVID-19 option within the 211 platform. 211 specialists across the state are available 24/7 to answer the most frequently asked questions. Visit www.211Texas.org.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has launched a statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress, or other emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This resource offers support for all Texans and can be reached any time day or night at 833-986-1919. More information on mental health resources and your local metal health authority can be found on HHSC’s website.
The Counseling Institute of Texas is offering grants for individuals and families impacted by COVID-19. Call 972-271-4300 or visit their website for details.